VMware Edu & Cert Community
Shakti21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP 6.0

Please help me to understand, I did VCP DCV 6.0 now I am planning to work on advanced levels. Please guide me what all options available in VMware also for doing those advanced certifications, also is it compulsory to attend classes in VMware authorize  centre or we can do self study and give exam.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Right now, you're eligible for the VCAP6-DCV Design or VCAP6-DCV Deploy certifications - see here: Data Center Virtualization

VCAPs do not have a training requirement like the VCPs do - the pre-requisite is that you hold the VCP already.

If you wanted to take a VCAP in any other discipline, such as Network Virtualization (NV), you'd need to get the VCP in that discipline first.

You can access the requirements for all certifications from here: VMware Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Right now, you're eligible for the VCAP6-DCV Design or VCAP6-DCV Deploy certifications - see here: Data Center Virtualization

VCAPs do not have a training requirement like the VCPs do - the pre-requisite is that you hold the VCP already.

If you wanted to take a VCAP in any other discipline, such as Network Virtualization (NV), you'd need to get the VCP in that discipline first.

You can access the requirements for all certifications from here: VMware Certification

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Shakti21
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Scott

0 Kudos
VIRTUALFLARE1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Shakti,

I would suggest go for the deployment exam first and then the design.

The last I heard from VMware that they are coming up with changes to the exam pattern / user-experience for the VCAP deploy exam soon. Not sure where it stands.

Regards

0 Kudos