VMware Horizon Community
lgaldamez67
Contributor
Contributor

RemoteMKS connection failed with error 'The connection to the remote computer ended.',is not prelaunch mode

I have a 7.2 Horizon environment. Every now and then, using the Horizon client, I cannot launch any VM pools. They work fine using browser base on the same machine. The VDM logs shows "RemoteMKS connection failed with error 'The connection to the remote computer ended.',is not prelaunch mode". I'm using VMware BLAST. However, on the exact same machine, if I login with a different AD account, I can launch the VM pool. Also, I've deleted my local profile from the machine I'm trying to launch pools from. When I log back in, the AD account is created new and then it works which leads me to believe, somewhere in the profile, there is corruption on the Horizon client. I have published apps and they all launch, just not the VM pools.

Has anyone else seen this issue? It's not expedient to blow out the profile every time this happens as profile contain many user settings that are a pain to back up and restore. Currently am experiencing this on my main VM I use to manage the VDI environment. If anyone has info on how to resolve, that would be fantastic!

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Horizon Client on Windows systems uses Microsoft Internet Explorer Internet settings, including proxy.settings, when connecting to View Connection Server.  Also when you hit this issue, uninstall the View client and then clear your user profile. Once you login back with a new profile, install the View client. I am suspecting the issue could be with some third party app on your local machine causing this issue.  All the best

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
AVN2
Contributor
Contributor

There was a completely identical problem in the same environment. The reason was the program installed on the user's computer to block torrents.

0 Kudos