VMware Cloud Community
Danny01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM Failed to create Protection Group

Hi,

I am configuration SRM 6.0 at the moment and encountered error while creating Protection group.

I have completed the configuration of VM replication using vSphere replication and i have successfully configured the SRM's resource, network and folder mapping.

When I tried to configure the protection group, I encountered error where it said "There are not enough license installed to perform the operation". In fact, I have 3 SRM licenses registered in the vCenter and each license come with 25 VMs capacity with NEVER expired. I also confirmed that there are no expired licenses in the vCenter's license Administration tab.

In my test Protection Group, I only select one vm so it should not be a capacity issue. I have restarted the Windows servers that host the SRM Servers and I still have encountered the error.

Can anyone give some clue ?

Thanks.

Danny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tech0Addict
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

vSphere Replication doesn't required separate license , BUT the SRM does,

So, did you make sure that the SRM licenses is related to the right asset ?

can you send screenshot of you asset tab in the license screen please?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tech0Addict
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

vSphere Replication doesn't required separate license , BUT the SRM does,

So, did you make sure that the SRM licenses is related to the right asset ?

can you send screenshot of you asset tab in the license screen please?

0 Kudos
Danny01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Tech0Addict,

You are correct. I assigned the SRM license asset in vCenter and I don't see the error anymore.

However, I have another question regarding SRM license asset. I have 3 copies of SRM license with 25 VMs each. I can only assign one SRM asset. How can i assign all 3 licenses ? Or do I need to combine the 3 licenses into on VMware web site ?

Regards,

Danny

0 Kudos
Tech0Addict
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You well have to combine the serial in My-Vmware..

0 Kudos
Danny01
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks, Tech0Addict.  Will do that.