VMware Communities
WGINC
Contributor
Contributor

Mouse "Zoom In/Out Centralize" in CAD Program

I use Turbo CAD in VM Fusion 10 and Windows 10  on a 2017 MacBook Pro running High Sierra. There is a feature in Turbo CAD where your mouse is supposed to zoom in or out and the area of the screen you place your cursor on should centralize to the screen. This is happening but the cursor is also supposed to relocate to the center of the screen and this is not happening. The problem is whenever I zoom in I have to keep relocating the cursor to the object I am zooming in on or else I begin zooming in to the far off edges and empty white spaces of my drawing. It is very disconcerting and slowing me down. This same function works fine when running Turbo CAD in a Windows machine. It seems to be a VM Fusion issue. It occurs with all mouses I have tried (The Logictech MX Master 2S, Logitech M560, the Apple mouse and the Apple Magic Mouse 2) as well as the MacBook Pro track pad. Any ideas ... solutions? I have honed in all other issues with running VM Fusion and I am happy with system except for this one issue.

A few days later and I have now tried my 4th mouse, again a Logitech, just an earlier model version of the MX. This particular mouse does an interesting variation on the problem: when I zoom with it the object I zoom on zooms to the center of the page and so does the cursor, but only briefly before it jumps back to the origin of the zoom. It does seem that the older the mouse is the better it performs or at least attempts to perform.

Still looking for help. VM fusion tech??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickShu
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi WGINC,

Would you please submit a service request to VMware? You can click 'Help->Get Support' from Fusion main menu and follow the instructions to contact the technical support from VMware.

Thanks,

-Rick

0 Kudos
WGINC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rick, I have had two sessions with VMWare tech support about the mouse as well as other issues related to a secondary monitor. I abandoned the secondary monitor and returned to just using the MacBook Pro 15" 2017. The mouse "zoom to centralize" issue is the most annoying issue I currently have with VMWare Fusion 10. The designer who talked me into using VMWare in the first place has recently abandoned many years of VMWare use for a true PC for similar reasons, in his case a slow mouse. From my research, I see many people complaining about mouse behavior while using VMWare. I am no expert but I did hire a consultant to look at the problem and he suspects that the VMWare is not using the correct drivers for the mouse. Remember I have tried 3-4 different mouse models with varying results. If I could solve the "zoom to centralize" issue I would be much more satisfied with VMWare. As it is now, I am functioning well below desired levels of efficiency and getting closer and closer to abandoning VWWare also. Please try to contact me and remember I have done many of the std. troubleshooting that VMWare techs go through. I think this is a driver issue? Bill

0 Kudos