VMware Global Community
genseb
Contributor
Contributor

Issue upgrading Vcenter from 5.5 to 6.5

Hi,

I encounter an issue updating Vcenter 5.5 to 6.5.

I'm using the vcsa-ui-installer.

At the end of the step 1, the vcenter installer get stuck on "RPM installation..." then following message appears after several minutes:

A problem occurred during RPM installation: Timeout

Installer log files are located at C:\Users\sgenesta\AppData\Local\Temp\vcsaUiInstaller

Found lot of things about this issue but nothing works.

It's not a DNS issue because I've created the dns entry which match with the temporary IP

There is no failover mechanism so the issue is not due to an automatic migration of the appliance to another ESX.

Log file:

2017-11-15T18:27:46.238Z - debug: [551]pollRpmInstallProgress:getGuestFileErr:ServerFaultCode: Failed to authenticate with the guest operating system using the supplied credentials.

2017-11-15T18:27:56.623Z - debug: initiateFileTransferFromGuest error: ServerFaultCode: Failed to authenticate with the guest operating system using the supplied credentials.

2017-11-15T18:27:56.624Z - debug: Failed to get fileTransferInfo:ServerFaultCode: Failed to authenticate with the guest operating system using the supplied credentials.

2017-11-15T18:27:56.624Z - debug: Failed to get url of file in guest vm:ServerFaultCode: Failed to authenticate with the guest operating system using the supplied credentials.

And I don't understand why because in previous step all the credentials are checked and I can't go further in one of them is wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Seb.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Please see the link below if it provides any quidance:

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/560551

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos