VMware Horizon Community
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

New Install, Some Apps i can attach and Some i can't...

First off i'ma  newb to Appvol.  Have it setup and have a few test apps (Filezilla, Chrome, etc.) that i can get assigned and attached but some appw will not attach to a computer or a user.  I'm not getting much from Activity logs either.  Can anyone point me in the direction?  Any help is appreciated 

Thank you, Perry
10 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

"but some appw will not attach to a computer or a user"

Does it mean the AppStack is attached but the applications are not visible? If then, please check the program files folder (after attaching AppStack) where the application folder is visible or not? If the application folder is visible, it could be the application shortcut issue that can be resolved by updating the AppStack and copying the shortcut to "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" for Windows 10 OS.

Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

When i look at Edit Settings the volume did not attached as well as the app not showing up.  I am just trying it with Computer Assignment currently..  I think User will take too log to login. 

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Does it work if you assign AppStack to users? Any writable volumes assigned? What version of App Volumes?

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

I think you are using 2.11

based on you comments, please re-create your app stack with all applications you need [plz do not launch any applications during app stack creation]

Please provide us feedback

Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

Odd because it attaches sometimes and not others.  User assign works but takes forever.  Appvol 2.11

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

Are you saying put all my apps in the same stack??

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

First of all upgrade to 2.13.1, there is a Reverse replicate change inthere that makes logon much faster.

Second there is no need to install all applications wihtin just 1 appstack. If an appstack does not attach please try and look at the svservice.log file on the VDI machine you logged in with, Normally this information should be in the log.

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

Well, i took your advice and upgraded to 2.13.1 and now I have another issue.  Getting an error about generating a self signed Cert.  Now when i try to open the app manager with the icon i get page not found.  Ugh!

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

You mean the certificate that is delivered within the manager?

Normally an upgrade from the manager should not cause this to happen. Normallt if the page does not launch at all I'd check into NGINX running or the event viewer on the machine.

We haven't had these issues when upgrading but the error is somewhat generic, a little to generic to fix without more info.

0 Kudos
Super6VCA
Expert
Expert

I Understand.  I will try to give more info but it is just as i say.  Tried a few things like taking it off the domain with the same error every time.  I opened a ticket with support so we will see if that helps.  I will update this later when i look into it more.  thanks  

Thank you, Perry
0 Kudos