VMware Cloud Community
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

vRLI alerts sent to vrops

I have setup all the required intergrations between vrops and vrli and vrli and vrops.

I configured a simple quary and added it to an alert below

pastedImage_1.png

All this does is create an alert when a user ssh into a host. I can see it triggering

pastedImage_2.png

But i dont see anything under my object in vrops or the fallback object. Anyone any ideas on what i have done wrong or where to look.

6.6.1 vrops

4.5 vrli

vrealize operations integration configured in vrli

vrli MP configured in vrops

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I work out what my problem was

I had disabled the Notification Alert and symptom definition in my policy. As all vRLI alerts use this to trigger in vrops it was failing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I wrote a blog that explores this topic somewhat, look towards the bottom for an explanation of how that last radio button works and its limitations. Also, I ran into the same thing when testing, and I believe the problem is your "more than 0" statement as this doesn't work reliably. Try an inverse statement like "less than 2" to see if it starts behaving properly.

sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Is it just me or is there no way to remove the vrops integration for vrli

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You mean unconfigure? You can't just yank those bits out of vRLI.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

yep i mean unconfigure

There is no x or a remove button anywhere

pastedImage_0.png

If you remove all the fields and un-tick everything and save it you get a save error but if you navigate away and back to this it has saved it and unconfigured it.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I get you, no I don't think there's an unconfigure option. There might be a procedure behind the scenes to clean it out, but I haven't seen it.

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I am just of the phone with our VMware TAM and he has given me the supported way to remove the integration. VMware being great on documentation have not made it public.

In short

1. untick the enable alerts integration and launch in context
  2. save
  3. delete the hostname and user name
  4. tick update password
  5. save

I have added a feature request to add an x to the config like the vsphere integration and my TAM is talking to the product team for a stupid long process

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I work out what my problem was

I had disabled the Notification Alert and symptom definition in my policy. As all vRLI alerts use this to trigger in vrops it was failing.

0 Kudos