VMware {code} Community
sonalg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Error Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password. when using loginUsingSAMLToken

Hello,

I m trying out vsphere SDK 6.0 java samples for management API .

run.bat com.vmware.vsphere.samples.LoginByTokenSample https://<IP of vcenter>/sts/STSService/vsphere.local administrator@vsphere.local mypassword https://<IP vcenter>sdk

but connection to vcenter failed with following error. However I am able to log in to vcenter via web client using same credentials.  Even I was able to login to VAPI endpoint that is vCloud suite endpoint service using vCloud suiteSDK 6.0 sample (TaggingWorkflow) but could not get to log in to vcenter.

Here is the ouput of LoginByTokenSample that I'm getting:

Acquiring a bearer token using the AcquireBearerTokenByUserCredentialSample sample

Token details:

AssertionId = _faf5786a-286b-43b0-b66e-4f26d833997d

Token type = Bearer

Issued On = 2017-11-15T09:23:48.077Z

Bearer Token received....

Connecting to the vCenter https://X.X.X.X/sdk....

Invoking the loginUsingSAMLToken method

Exception in thread "main" com.vmware.vim25.InvalidLoginFaultMsg: Cannot complete login due to an incorrect user name or password.

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:135)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.StubHandler.readResponse(StubHandler.java:238)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:189)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:276)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:104)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:77)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:147)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy46.loginByToken(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.vsphere.samples.LoginByTokenSample.getSessionCookieUsingBearerToken(LoginByTokenSample.java:299)

at com.vmware.vsphere.samples.LoginByTokenSample.loginUsingSAMLToken(LoginByTokenSample.java:191)

at com.vmware.vsphere.samples.LoginByTokenSample.main(LoginByTokenSample.java:229)

Done.

Any help or how to debug this issue is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cnerr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

We had the same problem. The solution is the version of the JRE you are using: for Java8, you need at least the update 172.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sonalg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update:

I tried running ValidateToken to check the validity of token and I got following error.

Exception in thread "main" com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.ServerSOAPFaultException: Client received SOAP Fault from server: The given assertion cannot be parsed. :: Error parsing SAML token. :: Error parsing SAML token. :: UndeclaredPrefix: Cannot resolve 'xs:string' as a QName: the prefix 'xs' is not declared. Please see the server log to find more detail regarding exact cause of the failure.

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAP11Fault.getProtocolException(SOAP11Fault.java:178)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.fault.SOAPFaultBuilder.createException(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:116)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.StubHandler.readResponse(StubHandler.java:238)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:189)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.db.DatabindingImpl.deserializeResponse(DatabindingImpl.java:276)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:104)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SyncMethodHandler.invoke(SyncMethodHandler.java:77)

at com.sun.xml.internal.ws.client.sei.SEIStub.invoke(SEIStub.java:147)

at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy39.validate(Unknown Source)

at com.vmware.sso.client.samples.ValidateTokenSample.isTokenValid(ValidateTokenSample.java:136)

at com.vmware.sso.client.samples.ValidateTokenSample.main(ValidateTokenSample.java:184)

So it seems there is an issue with token itself but still figuring out what is the issue.

0 Kudos
sonalg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Update: I could log in to vcenter web service using  by establishing a Session with Username and Password Credentials. But still getting error in

loginUsingSAMLToken. Any Help?

0 Kudos
cnerr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

We had the same problem. The solution is the version of the JRE you are using: for Java8, you need at least the update 172.

Chris

0 Kudos
cnerr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

With Java 9, you should add a dependency on jaxws-rt:

<dependency>

<groupId>com.sun.xml.ws</groupId>

<artifactId>jaxws-rt</artifactId>

<version>2.2.9-b14002</version>

</dependency>

Version 2.2.9 of jaxws is the one used by the JDK 8.

0 Kudos