VMware Communities
Christinatrembl
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrade to fusion 10 from version 7

Hi, I tried to upgrade to Fusion 10 but when I launch the virtual machine, I have a message who indicate something like "unable to find a valid process to connect" (the message is in french, that'a why I cannot give the exact message).

Is there someone who had experienced something like that? Thanks

9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please try the troubleshooting steps outlined in this KB article first.

0 Kudos
Christinatrembl
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried and it does't work.

0 Kudos
zhaokaiy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, Christinatremblay

Sorry for such thing happened.

It seems that your Fusion was blocked by macOS gatekeeper.

Could you try the following steps please?

1. Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General > Choose the Allow apps downloaded from: as App Store and identified developers

2. Remove /Applications/VMware Fusion.app and the dmg file VMware-Fusion-10.0.1-xxxxxx.dmg

3. Re-download the dmg file again from vmware.com

4. Re-install VMware Fusion

wila
Immortal
Immortal

Hi,

macOS added extra security enhancements around the system extensions in High Sierra, as a result, a lot of people are bumping into this issue.

So far the steps in the article below appear to have helped most people to get around this.

VMware Fusion on macOS High Sierra - System Extension Blocked - PlanetVM

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
Christinatrembl
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much! I tried this and it works.

Now, I have another problem: once my Windows session is open, programs like Chrome, Excel, Word, ... doesn't works. I receive a message who indicates that  .DLL is in error. I will probably have to reinstall all :>(.

0 Kudos
zhaokaiy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, Christina

Are you using the windows 10 VM please?

Did an error occur with a title of "This app can't open" ?

Best Regards

Zhaokai

0 Kudos
Christinatrembl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Zhaokai,

I use Windows 8.1 pro on my VM and the message I have when I open a program like Word for example is related to the DLL COMCTL32.dll.

Do you think I will have to migrate to Windows 10?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
zhaokaiy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, Christina

I think there maybe is something wrong with your virtual machine, the windows system itself actually.

There are some cases such as missing comctl32.dll by using the keywords windows comctl32.dll at Google.

Upgrading the VM into windows 10 may help but I am not sure about this.

Could you try another windows virtual machine please?

Will it have the same COMCTL32 error please?

Christinatrembl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've created a new VM and reinstalled Windows. For now, it's seems to work properly but I will have to reinstall all my programs (Office, Chrome, etc.). The error on the other VM happen when I try to open a program. I hope it will be ok with the other VM...

Thanks again.

0 Kudos