VMware Global Community
FTVDaniel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

context actions through different vsphere domains

Hello

I have 2 6.5 vcenters in 2 different vsphere domains (domains have different names)

I have one VRO 7.3 in one of the domains

I wanted from this VRO to be able adress all needs on both vcenters WF from orchestrator and context actions from both vcenter

I am able to address both vcenter wen launching wf from vro but when I registrer the vcenter in vro for context actions the vcenter from the other domain does not show the orchestrator server

is that and expected result?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This isn't going to work because you have to configure the vRO servers to authenticate through vCenter in order to pass user credentials from the vSphere Web client to vRO for the orchestrator context actions.  Since these are two different domains, the vRO server can only authenticate to one of them.  You could stand up another vRO instance set the authentication on each one to a separate vCenter instead.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jasnyder
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

This isn't going to work because you have to configure the vRO servers to authenticate through vCenter in order to pass user credentials from the vSphere Web client to vRO for the orchestrator context actions.  Since these are two different domains, the vRO server can only authenticate to one of them.  You could stand up another vRO instance set the authentication on each one to a separate vCenter instead.

0 Kudos