VMware Horizon Community
Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Storage configuration for App Volumes

Hi,

I am looking for how storage policy are configured for my app volumes manager during initially setup for example where is my app stacks are storing and how they are attaching to end users

Thanks

pkmr.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It was real quick, goto AVM, under infrastructure tab and storages/storages groups ---- here you can find where your app stacks are storing

on how you app stacks are delivering to end users: please try to find it from app volumes storage policy [I think it should be some where under configuration --> storage] 

Regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

It was real quick, goto AVM, under infrastructure tab and storages/storages groups ---- here you can find where your app stacks are storing

on how you app stacks are delivering to end users: please try to find it from app volumes storage policy [I think it should be some where under configuration --> storage] 

Regards

Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Normally during installation and configuration of the manager it checks the server to see which datastore is attached to the VCenter or ESX hosts. It will then create a folder called Cloudvolumes on your storage with 4 subfolders. As Vkmr says you can set policies on the storage tab on the configuration page in the manager.

You can select to create a storage group that syncs appstacks (not writables) between datastores if you have more than one, you can select to first check the local dtastore to see if it holds an appstack and you can also select to use the local ESX host to reconfigure machines instead of VCenter to do this.