VMware Cloud Community
Meslin
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot start a VM in ESXi 6.5.0

Hi!

When I tried to start a VM in ESXi 6.5 i got this error message:

Failed to power on virtual machine rssf. An error occurred while creating temporary file for /vmfs/v...

I already unregistered and registered the VM but I got the same error message. Can someone, please, help me.

Thanks

Alexandre

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No idea where the link you quoted points as it requires authentication. Check the VM's home directory for a ~.vmx file.

0 Kudos
Sateesh_vCloud

Temporary file - seems to be swap file - verify if you have free space in the data store where swap file gets created

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Follow me @ www.vmwareguruz.com Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you found it useful T. Sateesh VCIX-NV, VCAP 5-DCA/DCD,VCP 6-NV,VCP 5 DCV/Cloud/DT, ZCP IBM India Pvt. Ltd
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

You could try connecting the vmdk files to a newly created VM (create a new VM with the same settings as the current one and connect the existing vmdk(s) ) ...

Maybe there's some problem with the vmx file (config file), you can try download/edit it to see if something isn't right?

if you found my answer to be useful, feel free to mark it as Helpful or Correct.

0 Kudos