VMware Cloud Community
MacWrob
Contributor
Contributor

workflow presentation - slow loading

Hi,

I’m creating Workflow related to VM deployment, allowing end user to choose elements like VMware cluster, Resource Pool, datastore, network and few others…

Most of that components are presented as array of object based on custom action.

Problem is that when I moved WF from small POC platform into larger production - workflow presentation is loading slow. I have to wait sometimes above 2 minutes to see first screen.

Do you have any ideas how that can be improved ?

Second question: Some of above actions are taking VMware cluster to filter objects. Cluster should be selected by user as first element. In logs I can see that when WF presentation is loading is trying to run all actions and those which required Cluster as input are failing. Is there any way to stop running actions during presentation load and do it only when user will open particular step ?

thanks in advance

Maciej

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
iiliev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Usually, you should try to minimize the number of action calls (eg. if you use one and the same action for several fields, you can try to cache the results). But it depends on the concrete workflow.

For the failing action calls, you should validate the input argument(s) at the beginning of the action code, and immediately return an empty array of objects result if the cluster input is null.

0 Kudos