VMware Communities
kss0202
Contributor
Contributor

Problem with Huawei Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device

I'm currently using Workstation Player 14.0.0 on a Windows 7 Pro host and running Windows 10 Version 1709 in the player.

I've updated from Workstation Player 12.5.5 to 14.0.0 the same time the new Windows 10 update was made available.

Previously when I disconnected the Huawei E3276 HiLink modem from the host in order to access and use it inside the VM it would open the modem's website http://192.168.1.1 on the VM (windows 10).

But after the update the modem's control page is not shown anymore and I cannot connect to the internet on the VM.

I can however connect the modem to the internet on the host (windows 7) and using NAT connect the VM to the internet but that is not a workable solution since I need the VM's internet issolated from the host.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you have a snapshot prior to Windows 10 updating to rule that out?

What are the steps you would use to disconnect the modem from the host and to the VM?

Accessing the modem ip, what error is seen?

0 Kudos
kss0202
Contributor
Contributor

1. No, but inserting the modem in an updated Windows 10 machine where the modem did not install anything the modem's CD drive comes up which I cannot get it to do in the VM.

2. Tried the menu to disconnect and also inserting it while the VM was active. Sometimes the name of the USB device change but same result.

3. Resource not found - for the exact windows error I would have to get back to you

0 Kudos