VMware Horizon Community
GreenDean
Contributor
Contributor

"Source signal on other port"

Have searched for answers but none yet found seem to apply. WYSE zero client attached to VM running Horizon 7. What does this message mean and how to fix?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
cgrubbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Usually one of two options when I see this.  First, switch to the other video out on the thin client.  Which if you're only looking at a handful is easy.  Or second, switch the primary display port setting on the thin client.  This can be done using either locally on the device or using the Teradici Management console.

0 Kudos
GreenDean
Contributor
Contributor

And if neither of those options work? We've even tried a different monitor attached to the zero client and used both ports and cables, etc and Still get that error message. The end-user thinks it must be in the VM image; we doubt that because it affects only two of 20, and VMWare and Teredici console show everything connect, in session and online. Frustrating!!

0 Kudos
GreenDean
Contributor
Contributor

Another question - on a WYSE P25, which port is considered by the firmware to be the primary - DVI or DP?

0 Kudos
RobRizzi7210
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same issue on any Terradici client (namely Atrust W100 and Dell/Wyse P25) where one monitor was connected AND User Settings->Display Topology->Position was set to "B".

Therefore, with Horizon View Version 7.13 (what I upgraded to from 7.8.0), you should set the Position Drop down to "A" for your Primary Monitor or else you may have the issue described above in the original post. When I made the change, I reconnected to the desktop before rebooting the Zero Client, and got the same error. As soon as I rebooted, it worked. I confirmed this on two Dell P25 zero clients running Firmware 5.5.1.

0 Kudos
pbarrett1
Contributor
Contributor

@GreenDean Think of the message - source signal on other port. This is referring to the source, the zero client is not the source however it may help to understand which port is port 1 or port 2. When at the connect screen of any PCoIP zero client if you hit Ctrl + 1 the OSD logo should be on display 1 if you hit Ctrl + 2 the OSD logo should now move to display 2 this is assuming that you have two displays connected.

Typically when I see messages like this I always tell customers to connect to the AWI (Web Interface) of the zero client and go to Info > Attached Devices from here you can clearly see which port the display is connected to. Port 1 should be the DP (display port) and Port 2 should be your DVI port. If you are connected to the DVI port then the VM is expecting to see something connected to Port 1 so you may have to get a display that supports DP and connect it.

In any case it is the VMware SVGA driver that is messed up because if you look at the host VM log file (pcoip_server_yyyymmddxxxx.txt) file for the session you are in you will clearly see that the zero client has sent it's correct topology to the host.

I know this is an old post that I am responding to so treat it as just information.....

Paul@Teradici

0 Kudos