VMware Performance Community
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

error message, target and source datastores are the same?

i just encountered a problem that is,

while running the vmmark3 on stage"VMmark Run Tiles", it always failed with the error message:

VMmark3: Service Requested Step: ExceptionFound:SVMotion TargetDatastore Exception: Review Log and Configuration::Target and Source Datastores are the same: 60.02(secs)

my test environment is only a tile(tile0)

and the VMs are all placed in a shared storage(which is VSAN datastore)

i prepared another iSCSI shared storage and wrote the parameter in VMmark3.properties file.

the user guide didn't say much about the target and source datastore settings so couldn't make sure about which VMs on which datastores...

is there any special datastore configurations for one tile testing?

any reply is appreciated~

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The standby VM is used for the SVmotion tests.  When the test is started the standby VM must be on the original datastore, which in your case would be the vsan datastore.

The parameter "SVmotion/SVMotionLUNs"  in the VMMark3.properties file should be set to you iSCSI datastore.

Could you post the contents of the VC-StorageVMotionSetup.txt file? 

The XVMotion workload has similar requirements, but uses the DS3WebA VM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jamesz08
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

The standby VM is used for the SVmotion tests.  When the test is started the standby VM must be on the original datastore, which in your case would be the vsan datastore.

The parameter "SVmotion/SVMotionLUNs"  in the VMMark3.properties file should be set to you iSCSI datastore.

Could you post the contents of the VC-StorageVMotionSetup.txt file? 

The XVMotion workload has similar requirements, but uses the DS3WebA VM.

0 Kudos
niceguy001
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanks jamesz08,

after migrating the sandyby0 and ds3weba0 VMs to the second shared storage(in my case is the iSCSI),

and correcting the parameters: SVmotion/SVMotionLUNs, XVmotion/XVMotionLUNS, Deploy/DeployLUNs to my primary shared storage;

the test process now has no more errors about the storage!

this worked.

thanks again!~

0 Kudos