VMware Networking Community
amolnjadhav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to select NSX Edge HA interface in 6.2.2

Hi,

I have NSX 6.2.2 version is installed. Recently I observed that Active & standby edge appliance was isolate because

some mis-configuration at Edge high availability feature.

One more thing i have observed that thr is no way i can configure Edge vNIC as HA interface, I just see the option as "any vNIc"..

Is it expected behavior? because in NSX 6.2.5, i can select the Logical Switch/DV portgroup for HA to communicate.

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Regards Amol Jadhav VCP NSXT | VCP NSXV | VCIX6-NV | VCAP-DCA | CCNA | CCNP - BSCI
6 Replies
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert

In NSX 6.2.2 I have created the Edge GW in HA & it works fine with the below settings.

In NSX 6.2.2 you can choose any unused vNIC for HA. In my case i used vNIC3 which was the unused vNIC.

Also i created a separate logical switch for the HA vNIC to connect. It is not required to specify any IP Address for the vNIC, by default he IP Address will be assigned in 169.x.x.x range.

You can specify the recommended Declare Dead time. VMware recommendation is 9

rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert

The below discussion will be useful for you which talks about the NSX Edge HA configurations.

NSX Edge Gateway - HA

0 Kudos
amolnjadhav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Rajeev for your reply but I don't see the option to choose any unused vNIC for HA. I just see the vNic as any.

I will share the screen-shot from my Home PC..

Please consider marking this answer "correct" or "helpful" if you think your query have been answered correctly. Regards Amol Jadhav VCP NSXT | VCP NSXV | VCIX6-NV | VCAP-DCA | CCNA | CCNP - BSCI
0 Kudos
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert

My understanding from your reply is that after selecting any unused vNIC for the HA, under the HA configuration it still shows vNIC as Any in the GUI

Let me know if you are referring the same.

SSH to the NSX Edge GW & type show service highavailability. It shows the vNIC which is used for the HA

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
amolnjadhav
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

>My understanding from your reply is that after selecting any unused vNIC for the HA, under the HA configuration it still shows vNIC as Any in the GUI

>Let me know if you are referring the same

Yes, screen-shot talk about the same issue. here i don't see any other LS/DV Portgroup... In-fact No option to select.

>SSH to the NSX Edge GW & type show service highavailability. It shows the vNIC which is used for the HA

i will try this command, will let you know..

0 Kudos
rajeevsrikant
Expert
Expert

Follow the below steps.

1. Create a logical switch. This logical switch will be used to connect the HA interface.

2. Select any unused vNIC from the Edge Gateway & connect it to the newly created logical switch. Assign a name to it (ex: HA-Interface)

3. Select Interface type - Internal (No need to assign IP Address)

4. Under HA configuration under vNIC select HA-Interface

5. Input Declare Dead time - 9 (VMWare recommendation)

The above steps will setup your HA on Edge Gateway.

Ensure Anti Affinity rule is enabled for the Edge Gateways.

0 Kudos