2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2017 1:44 AM by yuriv

how to create executable/bat, which will execute regedit commands

selnomeria Lurker

i have been using my old thinapp (called thinstall).

i need a help.

It generated

HKEY_CURRENT_USER.txt

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt 

and etc..

and i have saved the whole project files/folders.

now, after time passed, i want to restore these regedit values that is contained in these files (as you know,they are not directly importable files in regedit).

however, build.bat(package.ini) create executable file (whats more those exe files are not being opened because OS problems.

I just want to restore/use those regedit data - what i should do with build.bat(package.ini) to acheive that?

• 1. Re: how to create executable/bat, which will execute regedit commands
          ftempel Enthusiast

There's not really anything builtin. You can create a very basic package with the files you have in which you can open regedit to export the registry keys you're interested in.

Alternatelively have a look at vregtool, it can export registry keys from a .tvr. Of course you'll need one of those first. It's created in the sandbox as the thinapp starts, but if it doesn't, well...SOL, I guess.

• 2. Re: how to create executable/bat, which will execute regedit commands
            yuriv Enthusiast

If the registry keys are only set in a single (or few) branch(es) you can start the virtual regedit (if it starts...) and export the keys from there.

If there are multiple branches used you could consider to make a change in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.txt and replace all "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software" entries with "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Blablabla". Then build your package (make sure you create regedit.exe) and export the keys from the virtual regedit. In the exported "reg" file rename the keys back (find & replace) to the original value.