VMware Cloud Community
dcrijns
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Dashboard custom group versus super metric

Hello,

We have installed vRealize Operations Manager 6.6.1 and are very pleased with the GUI. It is a big step upwards from version 6.5.

We have created two super metrics to calculate the CPU capacity and one for the memory capacity totals for a group of VM's.

We created a custom group which filters the servers according to a custom tag. This shows all servers with that custom tag.

What we want to have now is a Dashboard with this group in an Object list which and another view which shows the totals of this Object list. The Object list is the easy part and is already created.

What do we have insert into a dashboard to make it show the totals which I created as 2 seperate supermetrics?

Thanks for the help.

Best regards

Davy Crijns

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. It's not true - see screenshot. You need to add summary row to your view. Version 6.6.1

pastedImage_0.png

2.if your SMs are created and working fine, you can create a view based on SM object type and add this SM to a view with interaction

pastedImage_1.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If I understand correctly, each SM is calculated on a host being a member of this custom group? If so - you can create View as Summary and use CG as a object to instantiate your view.

0 Kudos
dcrijns
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok thanks for the reply. I'll give this a try. 
0 Kudos
dcrijns
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's not possible to create a View as Summary based on a custom group.

Two supermetrics were created.

TotalMemoryGB
(sum(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, metric=mem|actual.capacity.normalized, depth=1}))/1024

TotalCPU
sum(${adaptertype=VMWARE, objecttype=VirtualMachine, metric=cpu|actual.capacity.normalized, depth=1})/1000

A custom group for Virtual Machines which filters on a custom tag.

I want a Total CPU view and a Total Memory view in a dashboard based a custom group.

Any ideas?

Best regards

Davy

0 Kudos
Oulyanov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

1. It's not true - see screenshot. You need to add summary row to your view. Version 6.6.1

pastedImage_0.png

2.if your SMs are created and working fine, you can create a view based on SM object type and add this SM to a view with interaction

pastedImage_1.png

dcrijns
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Excellent this approach worked for me.

0 Kudos