VMware Horizon Community
pbhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

XenDesktop Session Disconnects when App Stack is Attached/Detached

Any time we connect certain AppStacks with VMWare App Volumes, the Citrix VDA (7.15) disconnects the clients (happens with Wyse terminals, Chromebooks, and Citrix Receivers in Windows). We can reconnect immediately. This does not occur if we are logged in to the console of the VDA or connected with RDP. It only seems to occur with certain App Stacks / apps. I've tried rebuilding the stack from scratch, but I can't seem to isolate the cause.

The impact on the end-user varies depending on how they are connected, but the problem is the same. Event ID 1005/1007 from TdIca are logged: connection from XXXX has been suspended; connection from XXXX has been closed; and then connection from XXXX has resumed.

Anyone have an idea where I could begin to look for the cause of the disconnects? Nothing seems out of the ordinary in the client logs.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Could it be that you added some sort of port rule, service restart or firewall addition within the appstack?

Maybe your packaging machine has a Citrix service still active and get's a restart command when the appstack is being attached?

I would check the svservice.log file to see if you can find anything inthere.

0 Kudos
pbhite
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

An issue with the packaging VM was my first thought too, but I think I've eliminated that possibility. I reverse imaged our actual production base image and then removed all the Citrix services and security software, leaving just VMWare Tools. Some packages created from the same machine work, others do not. I can't seem to isolate any common thread among them.

I tried an upgrade to 2.13 this weekend. Using the same app stacks still fails with 2.13 server and guest agent, but I'm about to try repackaging with a 2.13 packaging VM and see if that changes anything.

0 Kudos