VMware Cloud Community
MyVirtualMe
Contributor
Contributor

Use VMRC 10 with two monitors

Hello,

We have a number of VMs running on an ESXi system and acces these from PCs with multiple monitors - usually two screens with 1920x1200 each.

We are not able to get the VM expanded to multiple monitors via the latest VMRC 10 (and all its predecessors).

Clicking the button to cycle monitors shows one of these messages.

Remote-VM.pngHosteinstellung.png

Sorry for showing German language, only.

The first one - VMware ESXi does not support the use of multiple monitors in shared or remote VMs - I don't really understand.

The second one refers to the display settings. In the configuration of the virtual mashine both possible video settings - a fix number of two monitors as well as "host setting" - were tested.

Also 3D support was checked or unchecked. Always one of the shown messages is shown.

I guess the reference to VMware Player is a misstake.

Configuring two monitors in the guest system shows scroll bars in the VMRC window.

In the web I could not find any solution for this problem, yet.

The strange thing is, that the rather old "vmware-vmrc.exe" from a browser based access can show multiple monitors without problems.

That was a workaround till now and maks me believe that the host settings should be OK.

Any idea what can be done to make VMRC work - especially because vmware-vmrc.exe is nor working anymore on Win10?

Thanks!

Here the used software versions:

Host                       VMware ESXi 6.0.0, 4192238

PC                         Windows 7 Enterprise, 64-bit 6.1.7601, Service Pack 1

VMRC                   10.0.1 build-5898794

vmware-vmrc.exe  VMware Remote Console e.x.p build-422570

0 Kudos
1 Reply
micheldorsey
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have this same problem.  I also get the same problem when trying to use VMWare Workstattion 12.5 to view a VM (Windows 10) on an ESXi server.  When I set the VM to use the "Host settings", it makes no difference.  The other solution it mentions is to specify more than one monitor with a sufficiently-high maximum resolution.  I have a system with three 1920x1200 monitors, which I assume would be sufficiently high max res.  I have also updated the VMWare Tools to the latest version on my Windows 10 VM and updated the VMRC to the latest version.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos