VMware Cloud Community
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Specify a domain controller

I am using the OOB WF to add server objects to my domain in specific OU's. vCenter to is doing the join when it finishes its customization spec.  Occasionally I will end up with two computer objects one in the right OU and one in the Computers OU.  I understand whats causing it.  Any way to specify which domain controller is being used to avoid this issue?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Remove domain entries from custom spec and test provisioning, this is to isolate if the workflow from Infoblox is adding the machine to domain.

Also recommend checking with Mircrosoft for suggestions on which domain controller should be used.

0 Kudos
BillStreet00
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not using infoblox.  What seems to be happening is when calls are made to the domain the fastest/most available DC responds normally.  I am occasionally getting two different DC's responding before replication between them has occurred.  I end up with two computer objects, the one I pre-created in the correct OU and one in the Computer OU that was created as part of the customization spec.  If I could figure out a way to point to the same DC it would resolve this issue. 

0 Kudos