Can you try reinstalling Tools on the VM? Are you able to make it into a screen at any time?
What changes happened before this issue appeared?
If you do make it to Windows:
To uninstall VMware Tools from your virtual machine:
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Uninstall VMware tools
- VM > Install VMware Tools.
- In the Windows virtual machine, click Start > Run, type cmd, and click OK. The Command Prompt opens.
- In the command prompt, enter D:.
- Run this command:
For 32 bit guest operating systems: setup /c
For 64 bit guest operating systems: setup64 /c
- This uninstalls VMware Tools and performs a complete clean up.
- When prompted, allow setup to continue the uninstallation of VMware Tools.
- After VMware Tools is uninstalled, reboot the virtual machine.
- In Workstation, navigate to VM > Install VMware Tools.
If the above does not work, please create a custom VM using the existing vmdk Creating a Workstation virtual machine using existing VMDK virtual disks (2010196) | VMware KB
Please have a look here (same reported issue for Workstation 14)
Wil| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Desktop Products
| Vimalin : Automated backups for VMware Fusion and VMware Workstation Professional
| More info at https://www.vimalin.com
| Twitter @wilva
| VMware Wiki at http://www.vi-toolkit.com
1 person found this helpful
I ran into the same black screen issue on my Windows vm's while moving from VMware Workstation version 12 to 14. I was able to resolve by following the resolution highlighted in VMware KB 2034627 - VMware Knowledge Base
To resolve this issue:
- Boot the virtual machine into Safe Mode.
- In the Device Manager, change the driver for the VGA card to the standard MS VGA Driver.
- Reboot the virtual machine.
- Uninstall the wrong version of VMware tools.
- Install the correct version of VMware tools.
I tried everything I could find on the web and nothing solved the issue. Days and still VMs opened with a black screen thought I could tell they were running. I decided to format my laptop and start over. I accidentally discovered that if I have NordVPN on when I start the VM, I get a black screen. Turn off NordVPN and the VM works fine. Then I turn on NordVPN and the VM and VPN work just fine. In my case, it is the order of the programs starting. Hope this helps someone.
This also happens with other VPN applications. Confirmed