VMware Communities
aloshka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cycle Monitor Shortcut Keys

I think this was requested for the last 2 versions. So in version 14, is there a keyboard shortcut (or anyway you guys can think of) to press a keyboard combination and have it cycle monitors (icon on the toolbar in full screen mode)?

6 Replies
TracyHuang
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your posting! We will think about your request!

aloshka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So still no go huh?

aloshka
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Two years later, still no way to do this huh?

wila
Immortal
Immortal

With cycle monitor, do you mean switch between virtual machines?

Like this?

pastedImage_0.png

That option has been in Workstation 12 and most likely much earlier (but I can't check that here)

IIRC then on a windows host I have also been able to swipe from one VM to another using the trackpad, but I might misremember as I do this all the time on VMware Fusion. Down there it is a very important part of my workflow.

--

Wil

| Author of Vimalin. The virtual machine Backup app for VMware Fusion, VMware Workstation and Player |
| More info at vimalin.com | Twitter @wilva
0 Kudos
petarpan
Contributor
Contributor

I don't think it's what original post was asking. It's a good proposal actually to have keyboard shortcut to rotate vmware over multiple monitors, meaning, move full screen vmware from left display to full screen vmware to right display or stretch it over both.

I miss this in all vmwares, and horizon has worst features, there the shortcut would be lifesaving.

0 Kudos
bobdamnitbob
Contributor
Contributor

You can now do this with ctrl alt m