VMware Cloud Community
Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How to monitor services running on Guest OS

Hi,

is there a way to find what services are running on Guest OS based on time period [like past and current]

for example:

I would like to know what services are running in past[Sep. 24th 2017 at 2:00 PM] on machine-25 [which is running win10 as Guest OS]

or

I would like to know what services are running currently on machine-25 [which is running win10 as Guest OS]

I am using latest version of vROps 6.6.1!

Thank you,

Pkmr.

7 Replies
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

I can help you if you are looking for monitoring windows servers but I am not sure how can we achieve it in your case

If you are looking for monitoring windows server service then I recommend you to use End-point monitoring

No idea with monitoring services on Win10 machine

Thank you,

Vkmr.

Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I am looking for Windows 10 Guest OS, is it not possible?

thanks for letting me know on server side. 

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

The EpOps agent is not supported for any desktop versions of Windows, although it may possibly work on Windows 10 due to support for Windows Server 2016. (Source: https://docs.vmware.com/en/vRealize-Operations-Manager/6.6/vrealize-operations-manager-66-config-gui... pp. 13-14)

Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Thanks for responding on my question Smiley Happy

So, you are recommending me to give a try on Windows10 as it is supporting windows server 2016?

Pkmr.

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I am not recommending a course of action, merely stating facts.

0 Kudos
Skmr
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Dephnissov,

Thanks for you communication

It was not showing any information related to Windows 10 or any windows OS other than windows servers

I am looking for something that can cover monitoring all windows10 OS services  

0 Kudos
Sravan_k
Expert
Expert

Hi Pkmr,

I think there was nothing like that for Windows Operating systems but we have something to cover for windows servers as we communicated

Thank you