VMware Communities
VMwareCTO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Virtual NICs disappeared W/ workstation 14

Hi folks, after I upgraded my Workstation from v12.8 to v14 my VMNIC1&3 disappeared and I tried to remove it and re-add it via virtual Network editor but nothing changed so any other solution?

Many thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
4 Replies
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Did you upgrade install or uninstall workstation 12 then install workstation14? Is the VMNIC1&3 the virtual network your added in the Virtual network editor or the virtual Nic of your VMs from VM Setting page? What do you mean "nothing changed when re-add it via Virtual network editor"?

0 Kudos
VMwareCTO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks yanw for your reply I didn't uninstall v12 I upgraded existing v12 by running v14 installer and it did the job.when I opened it I noticed that VMNICs added by virtual Network editor of the VMware workstation are as it was except for VMNIC 1&2 I tried to add them again BUT they didn't appear also

I am just I will operate using another VMNICs I just want to figure out what happened and to be able to solve it in the future

0 Kudos
yanw
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What is your host system? If it is windows system, would you please click "Restore Defaults" on the Virtual Network Editor? Then there should have default VMnet0/VMnet1/VMnet8 in the Virtual Network Editor. Then you can add VMnet2 in the Virtual Network Editor if you want. If your host system is linux, i think you can uninstall Workstation without saving the configuration, then re-install it.

0 Kudos
VMwareCTO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'll give it a try thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos