VMware Edu & Cert Community
gchadda
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Can i still sit for VCP DCV 5.5 exam which i did not pass in 2015? I was told that you can only sit for the exam withing 1 year? I have done the course but didn't resit the exam....what are my options?

Can i still sit for VCP DCV 5.5  exam which i did not pass in 2015? I was told that you can only sit for the exam withing 1 year? I have done the course but didn't resit the exam....what are my options?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no time limit on when you have to take the exam after taking the course. However, exams do retire so if you wait too long you may miss it, and that's what happened. The VCP5-DCV exam based on vSphere 5.5 retired last March, so you can no longer take it.

Your best option at this point is to follow path 2 outlined here: VCP6-DCV Certification

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm not aware of such a time restriction. Afaik you can take the exams as long as they are offered.

Anyway, I moved your question to the appropriate forum, so that the people who know for sure can help.

André

PS: Discussion moved from Technical Community Resources and Help to VCP: VMware Certified Professional

0 Kudos
lilesj
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no time limit on when you have to take the exam after taking the course. However, exams do retire so if you wait too long you may miss it, and that's what happened. The VCP5-DCV exam based on vSphere 5.5 retired last March, so you can no longer take it.

Your best option at this point is to follow path 2 outlined here: VCP6-DCV Certification

~~~ Follow me at www.twitter.com/JillLiles1
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I agree with Jill, above.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos