For me the the solution was to deploy ova to esx6.5. I tried first deploying from vSphere 6.5 web client to host running esx 5.5 and it failed with this error. Changing the host resolved the issue.
>> I am also facing same issue on
>> And when I tried to follow the KB I am unable to find rpmnew file:
>> I am using this environment for NSX deployment where the initial step is to deploy the controller from NSX Manager---> VC -----> ESXi.
>> I have updated all my ESXi to 6.5
>> Restarted the content-library still the issue ...
1 person found this helpful
I've got exact same versions and resolved same issue by opening console via proper FQDN that's been given to vcenter during setup. You need to install the cert then and all will work.
FYI: if you run this in Flash version, it'll give you a bit more info and exact URL to open for which you have to install the certificate.
Hmm. Me too.
Downloaded the VDP appliance ova multiple different times. Didn't help.
Different browsers didn't help.
Fiddled around with ovftool, but that never could make a good ova again.
What did finally work is on the VMware downloads page, don't click the regular download link "Download Now" but instead use the smaller link "Download Manager". This fires up a special downloader web page. The appliance ova I got by doing that worked first time, no problems.
I guess I really was getting mangled ovas when using the regular link.
Try it on Firefox 56 - it helped me. On all other versions of Firefox, Chrome and IE there was the same error as you.
Thanks,worked for me!
I faced the same issue when I tried to deploy the ova using web client though Chrome.
By using Firefox, I had no issue and the ova deployed successfully.
I ran into the same issue. Fresh deployment of VCSA 6.5, tried deploying the vROps OVA using Chrome and received the "OVF descriptor is not available" error.
I restarted the content library via SSH to the VCSA:
service-control --stop vmware-content-library
service-control --start vmware-content-library
Tried again, still in Chrome (logged out, logged back in) and OVA deploy worked fine.
2 people found this helpful
We had the issue when we tried to deploy an OVA using Chrome when Web Client connected against the vCenter DNS alias name. After using the vCenter FQDN, the OVA deployment worked fine.
(N.b.: A colleague of mine suspected some certificate issue. Since Firefox has its own certificate store, this might be why IE and Chrome behave the same. I haven't tried to verify by using another browser, yet).
I am going to be honestly brutal here. I have had nothing but issues with vSphere 6.,5 things like VDP and vROPS. I can see why v6.7 came about so quickly. I am literally pulling my hair out with so many issues experienced, some as easy as deploying an OVA! VMWARE Support is also less than average as well in my opinion and not very helpful. It's almost as if they are not even trained up.
Fresh install, 6.5u2 VCSA - was able to deploy an NSX Edge Client OVF using the HTML5 UI client in Chrome without issues. Had the same issue trying in Flash client in Chrome.
I had the same issue.
In my case it was the time difference from my System to the VCSA.
As the time was the same on all Systems, the deployment runs without any problems.
Hope this help somebody!
I too had the same issue. I'm pretty sure know what the cause was as well. I began to deploy an OVF completed the process then deleted the VM. Immediately upon deleting the VM I tried to recreate with a different OVF but with the same exact descriptor and received the error "OVF descriptor is not available". This was probably due to the fact that the library hadn't cleared the old descriptor from under my username. I read through all of the threads and the vExpert: Luke Huckaba final suggestion was the only one I tried and also successful the first attempt.
I logged off and logged back on and my OVF deployed immediately with the same descriptor as before. no problems at all. Also I was using Firefox as my browser the entire time.
Using the HTML5 client worked for me. I had been trying to deploy NSX for over a week using the Flash page. I tried with Chrome only.