VMware Cloud Community
krishnaprasad
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Clear specific entry in VUM "Patch Repository"

Hello, Is there any way to clear a specific entry in the VUM Patch repository ? For example, let's imaging there is an online depot added to VUM and there is a bundle downloaded to the local VUM repository. Imagine there was a bug in one of the bundle uploaded in the online repository and had to be removed. However that doesn't reflect in the patch repository as it doesn't look at the existence of this bundle in the online depot once downloaded. However the user can continue using the faulty bundle to multiple ESXi hosts with out knowing that the bundle is removed from the online depot. So the questions are

1. Is the a way VUM "Patch repository" UI page can be made dynamic by constantly looking at the online depots added ?

2. I believe #1 is not possible with the current design of VUM. Is there a way to manually remove an entry from the patch repository ? I can remove the locally downloaded payload and references from the relevant .xml files but that doesn't help in removing the entry from UI.

Thanks,

Krishnaprasad

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

A patch cannot be removed from VUM, this can be controlled by the baselines used on the ESXi hosts.  Which patch are you looking to remove?

0 Kudos
hostasaurus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm  having the exact same question today related to VCSA 6.5 / update manager.  I'm deploying a Nimble storage array and added their patch repository as an update source, downloaded, which resulted in my receiving their connection manager 5.0 software.  5.0 just came out a week or two ago so I don't want to use it.  I removed the update source, and manually added the 4.1 connection manager VIB to update manager to push out.  However, thanks to the 5.0 version now being stuck in my patch/extension list, every host is listed as out of compliance with the non-critical host patches baseline.  Haven't found a way to get rid of it yet.

0 Kudos