VMware Cloud Community
qc4vmware
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Incorrect property group lookup if one property group name matches leading string of another group... Pretty sure this is a bug.

Hoping someone on here can verify what I think is a bug.  If I have two property groups where the shorter groups name matches another groups leading characters.  For example:

Property group 1 id = HELLO

Property group 2 id = HELLOGOODBYE

If you add HELLO to a blueprint, save, then go back in and edit you'll see HELLOGOODBYE is what is loaded into the editor.  It also appears that during a deployment incorrect properties are loaded.

This is vRA 7.3

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

I cannot reproduce the behavior as you have outlined. When I create two property groups with exactly those names, I can attach HELLO to either the blueprint or a machine component, save, and re-enter the canvas editor to see the same HELLO property group attached.

0 Kudos
alistairjfay
Contributor
Contributor

I've seen similar behaviour in my vRA 7.1 environment.  The design canvas shows similarly named property groups that shouldn't be there and aren't based on the blueprint behaviour.  making an unrelated change and then saving the blueprint causes the displayed property groups to become applied and we have to do a further edit to correct.

Did you get any answers from VMware on this one?

0 Kudos