VMware Cloud Community
milkies27
Contributor
Contributor

vRA custom validation issue

Hello Community,

I'm pretty new to vRA and vRA as well as scripting. I've been working on a custom validation for the user input.

Scenario:

•      When user input the value in the "Name" field, it'll triggered a workflow to send API call to an Appliance.
  •      If the value exist, it'll return value exist. Else, return empty string

Well, i build the workflow from vRO and tested it. The result as below:

• With a new record "abc", no error. - Passed
  • With an existing record "test", error prompted that the record "test" exist. - Passed
  • Switch back to a new record "def", no error. - Passed

Then I made an XaaS blueprint based on the mentioned workflow, and create the blueprint from the XaaS blueprint.

Perform the same test and got the result below:

• With a new record "abc", no error. - Passed
  • With an existing record "test", error prompted that the record "test" exist. - Passed
  • Switch back to a new record "def", error prompted that the record "test" exist. - Failed

This got me puzzled as i've no idea where to look at since the vRO workflow worked just fine. Can anyone shed some light?

4 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Need more information:

Please provide the full error details.

Which version of vRA are you using.

Is this a new install or an upgrade from previous version.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
milkies27
Contributor
Contributor

HI parmarr,

To be specific, the validation is working properly. But what i need help on is to clear the stored value in the memory.

For the screenshot below, you can see the the previous validation for "test999" wasn't pass and when i input a valid value "abc123", the red box still remained together with the previous value aka error message.

pastedImage_2.png

Anyway, the vRA and vRO version is 7.3 at the moment, upgrade from 7.2 1-2 months back.

Thanks@

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This sounds suspiciously like an XaaS data binding error that was discovered in 7.3 but for which a public patch will not be issued. It will be incorporated into 7.4. I can't post a link, but I'd recommend you open an SR with VMware and reference "XaaS data bindings get reset after validation check". There is a patch that will get applied to the café appliance and IaaS management agents which may resolve this (if it's the same issue).

topuli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

we have the same issue with 7.4. we validate the password field (secureString) and after a validation error we are not able to validate correctly

0 Kudos