VMware Edu & Cert Community
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just passed the VCP 6 Foundations exam do I next take the VCP6 - Data Center Virtulization Exam Delta Beta?

I am confused. So I just passed the VCP6-DCV Foundations exam. I know I need to next take the VMware Certified Professional 6 – Data Center Virtualization Exam but what is the Delta Beta Exam? I heard that the Delta Beta was for people who already held a VCP for 5.5 (which I don't). I don't see any mention of Delta Beta Exam on VMware website https://mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.cfm?plan=64180&ui=www_cert

VCP6-DCV Certification Exam

Phillip Balderos VCP6-DCV
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Only when you hold another vcp-dcv certification on 5.5 you can do the delta exam. If you have no current vcp-dcv you need to do the regular exam.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What VMware certifications do you already hold?

What training have you done?

Which VCP are you trying to achieve at the moment?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Only when you hold another vcp-dcv certification on 5.5 you can do the delta exam. If you have no current vcp-dcv you need to do the regular exam.

0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Scott,

I attended training for the VCP6-DCV. I passed the VCP6-DCV Foundations exam yesterday so looks like my next move is to take the actual VCP6-DCV Exam and once I pass it I will get the VCP Certificaiton. I was just confused as to what the delta beta was all about.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct - this is your next exam: VCP6-DCV Certification Exam

Delta exams are always for existing certification holders.

For example, there is a delta exam for VCP5-DCV holders to have a shorter option to get to VCP6-DCV, and a different delta exam for VCP6-DCV holders to get to VCP6.5-DCV.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
pbalderos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos