VMware Cloud Community
rasmusan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

vRealize Log Insight for vCenter Server - license for vCenter Essentials ??

Hi all

Am i correct in assuming that the vRealize Log Insight for vCenter Server (25 OSI) pack that you get for free, is only available with vCenter Server Standard license - and thus NOT available if you are running with a vSphere Essentials/Essentials Plus kit that involves vCenter Essentials ??

thanks...

/Rasmus

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think the plan was "If it has vCenter Server in the name, then yes". Can you download any of the LI 4.x OVAs (trial or beta work too)? Try deploying it somewhere (Workstation or Fusion even) and give it your VC license key.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Every existing and new vCenter Server user with a supported license is entitled to use their VC license with Log Insight 3.3+ for the 25 OSI. If you find that you have a VC license key that doesn't work in LI, provide details or engage licensing support.

0 Kudos
rasmusan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Are you sure?? because when looking at license guide its only mentioned for vCenter Standard.

And at the download site, Log Insight is only listed under "Standard" and not under "essentials" and "essentials plus"...

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I think the plan was "If it has vCenter Server in the name, then yes". Can you download any of the LI 4.x OVAs (trial or beta work too)? Try deploying it somewhere (Workstation or Fusion even) and give it your VC license key.

0 Kudos
rasmusan
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes, good idea Smiley Happy tried deploying and in fact it acceptede vCenter Server Essentials license key, and granted 25 OSI license

thanks

0 Kudos