VMware Communities
Apprenant
Contributor
Contributor

VMware workstation 12 player with Windows XP, no internet

Hello and thank you for the great software to have an old Windows version as an virtual machine.

I am having issues though to activate my original Windows XP professional on the virtual machine because I can not get the internet to work. Not sure what will happen when the 30 days are over. Here are my Laptop data:

MSI GE62VR 6RF apache pro (gaming laptop)

Windows 10

Intel dual band wireless-AC 3165

Under Device Manager -> Network adapters I see two VMware virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet1 and VMnet8. I allowed sharing my wireless internet connection with the VMnet8 and select this on the virtual machine settings -> Network adapter -> custom: specific virtual network: VMnet8 (NAT). For the Windows XP professional machine. But still no internet connection.

I am not familiar anymore with Windows XP and the internet connection and can not get my head around the "broadband connections" or who would be my internet provider?

Can anyone help? I just want to have internet for the activation purpose.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Apprenant
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I found my own answer.

My internet connect is fine just not so much usable with the internet explorer 6 that comes with Win XP. The internet registration probably does not work as windows discontinued the service for XP. I was able to use the Phone activation option and it worked smooth.

Thanks.

0 Kudos