VMware Horizon Community
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

10 hour disconnect

We have a new 7.2 Horizon VIEW environment.  My users are getting booted after 10 hours.  I notice that's the default in the global settings for forcing a user disconnect.

I changed this setting and I had a user reboot her VM and her thin client thinking that she would not get booted after 10 hours, but it didn't work.  She got booted at ten hours on the dot.  Even the session logs shows she was booted after 10 hours.  All of my users are getting disconnected after 10 hours.

Is there another setting somewhere I can change to stop the 10 hour disconnect?

Did I miss something?

Thanks

Cliff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The issue could be due to a 10 hour automatic session timeout that exists. To resolve the issue increase the timeout value in minutes via the View Connection Server > View Configuration > Global Settings and enter the time in the Session timeout dialog box. If issue reappears check for Antvirus software on the desktops.

This community thread contains a similar issue: View Desktop timeout disconnects and View agent

0 Kudos
etamir
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had this same issue.

This is exactly the global settings indeed which are set to 10 hours by default (600 minutes).

see here: Global Settings for Client Sessions 

pastedImage_0.png

Hope this helps...!

0 Kudos
Magneet
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

also check the Windows policies if there;s nothing configured to disconnect the users.

0 Kudos
BYOB14
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We've set ours to 1200 and it still kicks the users out after 11 hours per multiple users. That reference is not accurate or bugged.