1 person found this helpful
Design Guide Page: 69 onward is your best resource. I'm preparing for VCP-NV exam and below are my observations
Service Provider Multi-Tenant
- Each tenant who needs Isolation, L2VPN, Load Balancing. All these functions are served using dedicated NSX Edge instances.
- Each tenant has its own DLR and NSX Edge.
- Dedicated DLR will restrict the routing within the tenant.
- Dedicated Edge will allow overlapping of IP Addresses.
- Scalability is limited. Total 10 interfaces are available per Edge. Two are recommended to use for Uplink, so you are limited to deploy 8 Tenants to the same Edge. But then these 8 tenants cannot have over-lapping address unless you decide against advertising it.
- NAT must be performed on the Tenant NSX Edges to ensure that tenants using overlapping IP addresses can be distinguished once their traffic flows toward the aggregation NSX Edge.
- Addresses the scalability limit by introducing Sub-interface
- Maximum 200 sub-interface per Edge is available.
- Route peering is established between Edge vNIC and Sub-interface.
- Both BGP and OSPF Peering is supported.
- Overlapping IP Addresses is not possible
Hope it helps.
Others you can review/suggest/comment on my blog here ->Daily Challenges of Lucas IT Team – Aligning IT with Business