VMware Communities
dalminhu
Contributor
Contributor

Asking for email/license every time I run VMware Player

I changed my main operational system to Ubuntu(16.04 LTS) and I installed the latest version of VMware Player.

But every time I run the program, this windows bellow appears:

Screenshot - VMWare.png

Just to be clear, this never happened on Windows.

It doesn't affect the program at all, but it's annoying. Is this how the Linux version works by default?

Plus, after a few times running the program, my virtual machines don't appear at the main screen, and I have to selected one by one again :smileyconfused:

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I tried re-producing the issue and installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 with Workstation player bundle 12.5.7-5813279 and it successfully installed fine with no issues. I then opened up the VMware Player for the first time and I also got the window to enter my email address. Once I've entered my email address, it opened up successfully and all looks good. Closing and re-opening it does not give me the license window anymore and it just goes straight to the application. My recommendation is to uninstall Workstation Player. Run the install again this time including the "sudo" command so you run the command in the terminal with "sudo sh VMware-Player-12.5.7-5813279.x86_64.bundle". Check and see if issue still persist.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
dalminhu
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I tried what you said. I unstalled the program, I downloaded the installer again(just to be sure), opened up VMWare Player for the first time, also got the window to enter my email adress, but when I re-opened the program: the same window again, unfortunately.

0 Kudos