VMware Horizon Community
arryvang
Contributor
Contributor

Visio 2013 AppStack

I am having some issues getting Visio 2013 to work correctly with stencils in an appstack.  In Visio, the stencils are visible in the Stencils pane but when dragged onto the page, it only displays a white box with an X. 

We're currently using the App Volumes 2.11 agent on the VMs and the 2.12.1 Manager. (I've already tested with the 2.12 agent and get the same results. We have not upgraded to the 2.12 agent because it is also presenting us with other issues we're trying to figure out.)

We have Office 2016 installed via click-to-run on the master image then Visio 2013 installed in the AppStack via MSI.

If I right click and run Visio as administrator (local admin) on the instant clone VM, the Visio stencils work perfectly fine.

If both Office 2016 and Visio 2013 are installed directly on a Persistent VM, Visio stencils work perfectly fine.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ray_handels
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I'm not quite sure if that is supported as Appvolumes oes not use ballooning techniques and you are now installing Office 2016 software (Office Suite on the golden image) with Office 2013 applications (Visio in an appstack).

But apparently it does work when installed on golden image (which is something I didn't expect to work at all).

I'd suggest just installing on golden image and using UEM to bloack access for specific users that are not allowed to use the application, is that feasible?

0 Kudos
arryvang
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like we may finally be getting Visio 2016 in a few weeks.  Hopefully being on the same version will fix the issue.

0 Kudos