VMware Cloud Community
slanger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Include VM top level folder in view/report?

We are trying to include the TOP LEVEL folder that each VM is under, as a column in one of our report views.

I see that we can include the parent folder property, but we need the highest level folder, not the parent.  Any way to do this?  Super metric??

thanks!

pastedImage_1.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The "vSphere Folder" property has the top level folder and sub folders in a comma separated format, i.e. "root folder,sub folder1,etc".  I don't see a property with just the top level folder.  As far as I know super metrics work with numeric values and I don't think they can manipulate strings.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
dtaliafe
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

The "vSphere Folder" property has the top level folder and sub folders in a comma separated format, i.e. "root folder,sub folder1,etc".  I don't see a property with just the top level folder.  As far as I know super metrics work with numeric values and I don't think they can manipulate strings.

slanger
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks!  I see that now... perfect!

0 Kudos
eric_silberberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What subject has the 'vSphere Folder" property? I'm on 6.2 and think I've checked most of the subjects presented under vsphere adapter and can't find 'vSphere Folder"

0 Kudos
sxnxr
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I think the parent folder was only added in 6.5 or maybe 6.4. I am sure someone here knows exactly

0 Kudos
eric_silberberg
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

found it in my 6.5 test environment. thanks folks

0 Kudos