VMware Cloud Community
Sebasian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Errors with iSCSI initiator in ESXi6

I'm asking the following question: What might cause the following message in the events on ESXi (ver u6.03):

"Login to iSCSI target iqn.<name esxi-xx initiator> on vmhba @ vmk3 failed. The iSCSI initiator could not establish a network connection to the target.

error 01.09.2017 12:49:38 ESXixx".

This message appears only when executing rescan command in iSCSI Software Adapter (vmhba36) in VMware Vsphere Client. Upon completion of rescan the above messages appear for all initiators iqn for all LUN in storages.

This host is one of the many  servers in the BLADE system. The other hosts are configured just like this host, but these other hosts function correctly and do not appear critical events.

I want to say that the configuration I checked and is correct.

Despite the error messages in the events thise host ESXi sees all luns (datastore). Also virtuale machines work normally on this ESXi.

By doing ping

vmkping -I vmk3 10.10.0.1    [vmkernel address] - OK

vmkping -I vmk4 10.10.1.1    [vmkernel address] - OK

vmkping -I vmk3 10.10.0.121    [storage1 address] - OK

vmkping -I vmk4 10.10.1.121    [storage1 address] - OK

vmkping -I vmk3 10.10.0.122    [storage2 address] - OK

vmkping -I vmk4 10.10.1.122    [storage2 address] - OK

Please help me what to do? Can I ignore these messages for now because virtual machines are working on this host, can perform operations like vmontion datastore?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
senthilkumarms8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Check the iscsi port binding configuration and MTU settings on the uplink adaptors and switch as well

0 Kudos