VMware Cloud Community
sibsbt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x7f0707ddaf60]

Hi,

I am getting the below error when trying to web  and vsphere client

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x7f0707ddaf60] _serverNamespace = / _isRedirect = false _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

There are multiple forums discussing these issues and they could fix the issues , few of them are related vcenter time and few of them are passthrough usb .

And I did not have any luck in this matter .

2 ) I can't download vsphere client log from the winscp using scp ,it says try to download using bash

Please help

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Tell us your environment then member of community will provide correct solution.

Is it external PSC or embedded ?

Appliances or windows based

Is NTP configured or sync with host

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
sibsbt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

VMware vCenter Server Appliance 6.0.0

Type: vCenter Server with an embedded Platform Services Controller

Time is sync with the host

Thanks

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

go to /bin directory and try service-control --stop --all

service-control --start-all

wait for 10 minutes then open web-client

check also space (df-h) this issue also cause for sda3 full.

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos
sibsbt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have another issue related with this thread , I cannot start inventory service

I tried as per the kb article

"invalid credentials LDAP Error 49" error when starting Inventory Services in vCenter Server 6.x (21... .

I am not sure I am supplying the correct FQDN

How can I find the "fqdn" from the vcenter .The vcenter does not have an entry in  the DNS

Thanks

0 Kudos
bokennedy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing the same 503 error and am completely flummoxed. I have a certificate issue after trying to apply a MS-CA cert & root64 to my 6.5 VCSA. It failed, so I reverted, but the revert failed and now almost nothing works. I've tried every option in the certificate-manager with no success- the same failure every time, services failing to start after a lengthy timeout (see list below). Service and Certificate logs show errors that don't tell me much. All KB's indicate reverting or recreating the root and certs with certificate-manager should work, which it has not. The PSC and appliance management work fine and the appliance shows as fully healthy, without disk space issues. I don't have two vcenters registered in the psc-services lsit (already queried it via the pytho utility). The hostname upper and lower case CN issue has been tested, neither attempt corrects the problem. There are the services that won't start:

pschealth vmcam vmware-content-library vmware-imagebuilder vmware-mbcs vmware-netdumper vmware-perfcharts vmware-rbd-watchdog vmware-sps vmware-updatemgr vmware-vapi-endpoint vmware-vcha vmware-vpxd vmware-vpxd-svcs vmware-vsan-health vmware-vsm vsphere-client vsphere-ui

Without the sdk operating I can't use the Fling HTML5 client either, so I'm dead in the water. Is there a KB for this? The certificate-manager isn't helping at this point.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

In that KB, it explains that you will get the fqdn or the address which hits bad or password mismatch..similar to the below

2016-09-21T18:47:48.024538+00:00 err vmdird t@140107551946496: Bind Request Failed ([17] 10.105.217.85:389<-10.105.212.102:54753) error 49: Protocol version: 3, Bind DN: "cn=accountname,ou=Computers,dc=vsphere,dc=local", Method: 163

In the above case, the FQDN is defined as accountname@vsphere.local and you need to find the same in vmdird-syslog.log

If you are facing challenges, then I request you to open a new Support Request with VMware support.

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos