VMware Horizon Community
henrylaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Client aborts image; errors in vmware-remotemks

VMware-Horizon-Client-4.5.0-5650368.x64.bundle running on freshly installed and fully updated Ubuntu 16.04 desktop. Had to install libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-0 and libgstreamer0.10-0, and symlink libffi.so.5 to libffi.so.6 but after that installation was successful.

I connect to the remote image (Windows 7, not under my control); I get the "welcome" screen for a second or two, then screen goes black, and shortly afterwards exits back to the server image list.

Relevant parts of the (extremely verbose) console log seem to be:

*** Error in `vmware-remotemks': free(): invalid next size (normal): 0x00007f49440027d0 ***

*** Error in `vmware-remotemks': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f9164001e50 ***

*** Error in `vmware-remotemks': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x00007f9164001fb0 ***

Can anyone suggest where to go from here?  This ought to work; it works on my personal Mint 18 image, which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

0 Kudos
henrylaw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't have most of those messages, and in any case the fix referred to is for Windows and I'm trying to get this to work on Linux.

I have bypassed the problem by moving to Linux Mint, which runs the client fine.

0 Kudos