VMware Cloud Community
rstoker13
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

vRA 7.3/SNOW Plugin 2.0 SAML compatibility

We have an enterprise initiative to use an SSO based on the IBM suite of tools. It will be SAML compatible and should provide similar(enhanced) capability to ADFS. Can anyone tell me if they are using any SAML provider besides ADFS with the plugin? We will begin testing within a week, but would like to know if it is worthwhile. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rstoker13
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sorry for the late reply. I received a response from support. Albeit, not a particularly helpful one. They pointed me in the direction of the vIDM documentation. In reviewing this information, I found a few general statements that I "can use a third party SAML 2.0 provider." I was hoping for something a little more definitive stating that it is compatible with specific or any SAML 2.0 provider, but haven't found this information to date. I will close this question.

On a side note, we will begin configuring IBM Security Access Manager integration with SNOW and vRA 7.x in late October or early November. If anyone is interested, I can ask our team to provide documentation for the configuration.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
rstoker13
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Sorry for the late reply. I received a response from support. Albeit, not a particularly helpful one. They pointed me in the direction of the vIDM documentation. In reviewing this information, I found a few general statements that I "can use a third party SAML 2.0 provider." I was hoping for something a little more definitive stating that it is compatible with specific or any SAML 2.0 provider, but haven't found this information to date. I will close this question.

On a side note, we will begin configuring IBM Security Access Manager integration with SNOW and vRA 7.x in late October or early November. If anyone is interested, I can ask our team to provide documentation for the configuration.

0 Kudos