VMware Horizon Community
edwyche1
Contributor
Contributor

Horizon client 4.5.0 Build 5650915 log in as current user

I am using Horizon client 4.5.0 Build 5650915 and when I select log in as current user it logs and then when I disconnect and close the Horizon client then open back up log in as current user is unchecked.  I tried to use the GPO template but it will not work until you convert it to a admx file.  VMware does not supply new versions that are admx for the client,  How can I het the check box for log in as current user to stay checked.  I looked into the registry but didn't find anything.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ed

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ArnoM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Try this setting:

Registry HiveHKEY_CURRENT_USER
Registry PathSoftware\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client\Security
Value NameLogInAsCurrentUser
Value TypeREG_DWORD
Enabled Value1
Disabled Value0
Blog: https://arnomeijroos.com/ Twitter: @ACMeijroos
0 Kudos
edwyche1
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried that also and it doesn't stick.

0 Kudos
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

as an idea:

did you tried "View Auto-Connection Utility"

View Auto-Connection Utility

0 Kudos
LJMCP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have the same issue.  View Client 4.5 does not seem to properly read the LogInAsCurrentUser settings from 7.2 GPO vdm_client.admx or registry entries.

Adding "-LogInAsCurrentUser true" to shortcut does work.  However, we also provide shortcuts to applications via URI, and I do not believe I can pass LogInAsCurrentUser option using that method.

We opened an SR with VMware and were told they are aware of this issue and will be resolved with 4.6 Client.

0 Kudos
netlinecg
Contributor
Contributor

After searching for nearly 4 hours I found this post here.

I have the same issue after the upgrade form 4.4 to 4.5 and tried everything to get it run.

Does anybody know when the Client 4.6 will be available?

thanks

Christian

0 Kudos