VMware Cloud Community
xiaoxiaoxin
Contributor
Contributor

Internal error when configure the vCenter Server Appliance 6.5

I install a VCSA 6.5 on a ESXI 6.5 server. When the install finish, I login to the web client the first time. I was asked to configure vCenter before use it. I filled the blanks and click "Next", but I always get "internal error" . I don't know what is the Internal Error. Could anyone help me?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Madhuin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You are trying to give IP address in the name of hostname.

your IP address is 192.168.230.130 -- you need to provide hostname/FQDN for this IP address.

If it is useful, plz mark answer as correct or helpful.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards

Madhukumar J, VCP50

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are strictly my own. I am solely responsible for all content published here. Content published here is not read, reviewed or approved in advance by VMware and does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of VMware.

0 Kudos
xiaoxiaoxin
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,The default value is hostname, I meet the problem firstly. Then I found somebody said it could set with IP instead to solve the issue on the internet. So, I tried both of hostname and IP, but they all have the same error.

0 Kudos
xiaoxiaoxin
Contributor
Contributor

By the way, the I wait long time when the server install RPM. But, it seems stoped at 0%. Is it necessary to connect to internet to update the server?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
jinwang
Contributor
Contributor

i have the same two question .do  you solve it now ?

0 Kudos
Tillmidnight000
Contributor
Contributor

Found this,@

'This issue happens when VCSA or PSC installation was cancelled and is attempted for the second time to the same ESXi host. Identified workaround for this issue is to use another ESXi host, which has never been used to deploy PSC or VCSA to.'

0 Kudos
ZalariUG
Contributor
Contributor

Despite what the installer is saying, I could get it not to work with IPs only. I only managed to install the vCenter Server Appliance by using a DNS hostname for it, that is actually resolving to the provided IP address. Thus, you need to make sure, that you have a working DNS, _before_ installing vCenter. On a side not, it also seems, that the installer is a little bit picky, about the actual DNS server. I could not get it to work with the DNS server from my (consumer grade) router - a Fritz!Box (a very popular consumer router in Germany), although the proper host name was set and at least via dig resolvable. I had to use a "real" DNS server (in the end, I used CoreDNS), to let the installer actually continue the installation.

0 Kudos
EricChigoz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@xiaoxiaoxin,

My first take on this is DNS.

Please check and be sure you have a functional DNS in your infrastructure.

Thank you.

Find this helpful? Please award points. Thank you !
0 Kudos
Shakaal
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Guys,

I got the same issue today, and i checked DNS it was working fine, but i had to use IP address and it worked fine. So to me it seem like, it is due to DNS. but we have to use hit and trial either try FQDN or IP should fix it.

Thanks & Regards

0 Kudos