VMware Cloud Community
orian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Active Directory - copy user

Hi,

Is it possible with the existing actions and workflows to create a new user by copying an existing user in the active directory?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SridharG
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, It is possible if the existing user has those permissions.

If it is useful, plz mark answer as correct or helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Sridhar Gattu,
VCP55, RHCE 6.0.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are strictly my own. I am solely responsible for all content published here. Content published here is not read, reviewed, or approved in advance by VMware and does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of VMware.
0 Kudos
orian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

How?

I want to copy an existing user and just change his name, logon name and password.

0 Kudos
SridharG
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are 2 ways:

1. Using UI from the "Active Directory Users and Computers" section.

2. Using a script, please see below link for more details of how to copy an existing user to a new user.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/scriptcenter/en-US/fdf460aa-e00f-4ffe-8d38-ad08590c95e4/...

If it is useful, plz mark answer as correct or helpful.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks & Regards
Sridhar Gattu,
VCP55, RHCE 6.0.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are strictly my own. I am solely responsible for all content published here. Content published here is not read, reviewed, or approved in advance by VMware and does not necessarily represent or reflect the views or opinions of VMware.
0 Kudos
orian
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The question is about vmware orechestrator...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

No, there are no workflows or actions that enable the 'copy user' functionality, so you'd have to roll your own. This is at least in vRO 7.3.

0 Kudos