VMware Horizon Community
Bouda0175
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Horizon Administration and Firefox 55.x

Hi,

I have issue with new Firefox 55.02. I use this browser because of flash support. After last update to version 55 becomes Horizon Administration page unresponsive. I see all content, but I am not able to click on any item. I guess, that this is issue with flash content on Horizon page.

I tried trick with additional settings if Firefox to add plugin.load_flash_only=false, but it works only for a few minutes and now it is still unresposive.

Does somebody has the same issue with latest Firefox?

What is the solution? I really do not use different browser.

Thank you for your experience with Firefox 55

0 Kudos
4 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Check Firefox proxy settings, try disabling IPV6 on Firefox and also refer the link Update View connection Broker 5.0.1 now admin portal is Gray?

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
Bouda0175
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I don't think, this is my issue, but I tried it. Unfortunately with the same result.

When I load Horizon page, it works for a few minutes, but after soem time, I see hole screen, but I am not able to click on anything.

I tried this behaviour on 3 physical and 2 virtual PCs, but all devices were the same. I combined Firefox 55 on Windows Server 2008R2, 2012 R2, Windows 7 and Windows 10 system.

0 Kudos
Via_01
Contributor
Contributor

I'm seeing the same issue.  Sometimes if I "restore down" the browser window or if I remove the tab from the current window to a new one I get functionality back.  I did notice that if I have multiple tabs open and I switch to another tab and back it freeze every time.  Seems like a memory issue.  Are you using 32bit or 64bit?

0 Kudos
Bouda0175
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried to reproduce issue with moving tabs and confirm, that it is the same on my machine.

I am using 32bit version

0 Kudos