VMware Cloud Community
jacksonp2008
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.5.0 Install fails

Using vcsa-ui-installer, have done this a half dozen times.

This environment does NOT have outbound internet access.

Fails with unable to send http, the location it says the logs should be doesn't exist.

Please advise

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camero
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So, you changed the IP and Hostname to static, while configuring the appliance(i.e after initial deployment).

I see no problem with this step.

Can you check if the "hostname" is same and as expected after reboot of the vCSA and when the service fails to start.

and also does the forwardlookup and reverse lookup works for the IP and hostname you assigned in the above step.

shell>hostname

shell>nslookup <IP/FQDN>

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Camero
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you please confirm if your environment where the vCSA is being deployed satisfies the requirements as mentioned in the following documentation

1. System Requirements for the vCenter Server Appliance and Platform Services Controller Appliance and the sub topics

2. Prerequisites for Deploying the vCenter Server Appliance or Platform Services Controller Appliance

0 Kudos
jacksonp2008
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, I believe so.  I got it to run by placing it on a network that had internet connectivity.  Then I changed the IP address/gw back to the private network and it will not run again.

Mgmt works fine on port 5480 on private, however

Error from webui (443) is:

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http20NamedPipeServiceSpecE:0x0000561bc8debad0] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _pipeName =/var/run/vmware/vpxd-webserver-pipe)

From the cli (Shell) I issued

service-control —stop —all

service-control —start —all

And the start fails with:

Service-control failed. Error Failed to start vmon services.vmon-cli RC=2, stderr=Faile dto start sca, , cm services. Error crashed while starting

0 Kudos
Camero
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

So, you changed the IP and Hostname to static, while configuring the appliance(i.e after initial deployment).

I see no problem with this step.

Can you check if the "hostname" is same and as expected after reboot of the vCSA and when the service fails to start.

and also does the forwardlookup and reverse lookup works for the IP and hostname you assigned in the above step.

shell>hostname

shell>nslookup <IP/FQDN>

jacksonp2008
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

basically that was it, you put me on the right track.  It had changed the hostname during reboot for some unknown reason.  I was able to edit manually and restart the services.

Many thanks for your assitance!

0 Kudos
Camero
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Jackson,

good to hear that you were able to correct the configuration and bring up the environment.

thank you for the confirmation and marking it solution!

Could you please confirm what was the hostname.. was it localhost or some other name resolved by local DNS.

What is the build of vCSA 6.5 you are using.

0 Kudos