VMware Cloud Community
7007VM7007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Monitoring WIndows services that have stopped/failed

I have installed vROps 6.6 and have 6 VMs I am testing it with. I've installed the End Point agent on these 6 VMs and I can see the VMs listed under:

Operating Systems World -> Windows -> VM Server names -> Various services listed

If I expand a servers name I can see all the services on that particular server as I have set "windows.services.discover=true" in the agent.properties config file.

To monitor a particular servers services I have been clicking the servers name and then "Environment", then list and sorting the column by health to see what services are not running (it shows as red).

But what I wanted to find out or know how to do is, how do I see all my servers listed in one location and see ONLY the stopped/failed services on a particular server?

In other words, I'd like to see a summary screen like this:

Server1: 4 stopped/failed services

Server2: 1 stopped/failed services

Server3: 3 stopped/failed services

And then be able to click the servers name to see a list of the stopped/failed services.

How can I achieve this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

You'll have to build a custom dashboard and include the metrics you want. There are several widgets that could give you visuals on something like this, so you may want to experiment with possible combinations to see what you like best.

0 Kudos