VMware Edu & Cert Community
LemonPicker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VCP6-DCV Renewal

I currently hold a VCP6-DCV certification.  As it expires shortly, can I take the VCP6.0-DCV exam to recertify or must I do the 6.5 exam.  My preference would be to retake the 6.0 exam if possible?

Thanks

Chris.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can't re-take the same exam once you've passed it.

You'll need to do either the 6.5 DCV, a VCP in another solution area, or a DCV VCAP.

Path 1 on this page is for the 6.5 DCV, for someone in your shoes: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I'm in the same boat. As far as I know, you cannot retake an exam once you passed it. So in this case you will most likely need to go with the 6.5 exam.

I'm sure scott28tt​ can clarify.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

You can't re-take the same exam once you've passed it.

You'll need to do either the 6.5 DCV, a VCP in another solution area, or a DCV VCAP.

Path 1 on this page is for the 6.5 DCV, for someone in your shoes: VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos